Briefly, I’ve chosen KendoUI because:
- The quality of their emitted HTML code (fast and supporting different browsers).
- Being able to move to payable version and get support.
I like from KendoUI
- GPL v3 (one of the versions)
- The widgets:
- Are visually nice (to me)
- And are visually consistent (most of the times).
- Responsiveness of the HTML emitted code.
- Documentation (Ok! there are a lot of complains about the lack of documentation not having every function, event, option documented and I totally agree BUT if we compare with most freely available software there is a lot of documentation.
- Have support (if you pay for it!)
- Their forum for free-version users where some people is pretty active (like myself in Grid section).
- Being able to move to paying version as soon as I have the product finished and take full support and updates.
- Have access to their source code and being able to fix their bugs if they do not do it for me.
- Pretty fast start using it (take a look into this).
and I don’t like from KendoUI
- Documentation (I told you, it might be much better BUT it is much better that other equivalent UI).
- Lack of orthogonality and features that work for some widgets don’t work for others.
- Their forum for free-version users where admins are not as active as I would expect.
- Have access to their source code and have to fix their bugs if they do not do it for me. This is an advantage and a disadvantage because I have to check for changes every version and maybe have to redo the fixing (and I have a few done).